Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Tell us about your room

Yep, I'm hoping that if I use the A-21 with the Neos it will stay in Class A most of the time. Up to 103 dB, anyway. I could always try upping the bias per John Curl's instructions, maybe adding a couple of fans (for redundancy). But still haven't decided what I'll do by way of amplification as there's no rush.

I know the sound of crossover notch distortion well enough to distinguish it from IM. Which, hopefully, will be lower with the Neos and perhaps a higher crossover for the ribbons. But I can't get started on that right now -- I took my computer apart to install quieter stuff (fanless power supply, quiet video card, liquid cooler, and quieter fans) so I can use it in the listening room. Also been working on the diffusers which I glued together and had to patch because they'd fallen off the wall so much and need painting now, experimenting with a reflection-free zone made (for experiments sake) out of pink styrofoam from Home Depot, and really have to get those woofers rebuilt. So my plate's pretty full, my back has been decidedly non-cooperative this week, and I'm trying to figure out why the radiator in my office is so much slower to heat up than the others . . .

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.