Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Tell us about your room

Josh, that's the reason I had to give my "better" Parasound to the tweeters in the bi-amp here. At factory bias, it is capable of slightly more power in class A than the Parasound driving the mid/bass Mylar real estate. Then, upping the bias gives the tweeter a fighting chance and it pays off. Keeping class A in the upper range is more important than the lower range, which you know.

Happily, you'll get there, and much better so. I think we already had a discussion on the subject recently, and there were some good ideas for you to add to your own. OTOH, this is an alternative that we can't suggest for Bill's 3.7i's...hmm...or perhaps Neolith gets adventuresome enough to lead that way and bi-amp them. (I do believe he's tempted; perhaps we should talk to Lolita, in case she's the real boss and can speed things up :)

BTW, class A at lower volume has to be distinguished from the appreciable drop in distortion from other effects. Largely, from the reduction in mechanical intermodulation. Another way to look at it is that, by seeking to stay in class A range, we lower volume to where synergistic benefits happen in Maggies. Which, biamping or not, makes a strong case for a more "efficient room". (ok, it's a misnomer but that's how it worked for me, LOL)

Edits: 02/16/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.