Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Biamping T-1Ds with a miniDSP ...

Yes, you certainly can use a 2x4 to actively biamp some T-1Ds (I've just set this up for a mate). But, yes, there's a learning curve involved with the miniDSP software and with REW.

IMO, the Hd version is worth getting (I think it gives you some extra filter features) - but ask on the miniDSP Forum. 'Davey' here will be also able to advise you.

The REW software is completely separate to the miniDSP unit (for which you have to buy the 'plug-in' - the software) but is extremely useful. But, with REW, you have to buy a calibrated mic and an external sound card/processor. The REW home page has recommendations.

As Satie said, you can biamp with a PLLXO but I suggest this is only feasible if all 4 of your amp channels have the same gain. And you don't get the same facilities as a miniDSP offers.

With miniDSP you can:
* adjust for different amp gains
* tailor a tweeter attenuation to suit your ears, and
* introduce PEQs to cope with room modes.

My system in vinyl based and I don't believe I have 'lost' anything in switching from analogue active XOs. On the contrary, I have gained a lot. :-))

Andy

Edits: 02/12/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.