Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Quad vs Martin Logan

Hi Peter
I understand your concerns, after sales service and so on, because, in Australia I am even further away from the factories than you!
I have 25 year old acoustat spectra 22 electrostats (which I run with two ML subs) and I am convinced that I can get a significant improvement with new speakers.
So I have gone through the process of the websites, reading the reviews, looking at the forums, contacting the companies and so on.
I think that I am pretty much at the end of my journey!
Yes, the journey is fun.
And so will be getting the new speakers!
I am down to either of two.
You will find that each of the companies mentioned are different and each have unique products with their own special individual features.
You will enjoy the process of finding them out for yourself!
The ones mentioned in my post are among the 'best' but there are plenty of other good electrostats as well as these.
When I go to the HiFi shows I listen to the speakers, and, in my opinion nothing can compare with the electrostats.
I went to a show last year with my acapella neo doo wop CD and was shocked at how terrible a high profile expensive UK (cone) speaker manufacturer sounded. The guy running the room was visibly embarrassed when he returned my CD!
Yes, I love my electrostats.
Yes, I think Quads are great, & I have ML subs and a Quad amp.
As you research your electrostatic project make sure you consider things such as reliability as well as the sound.
But, remember that just because I like the Quad over the ML does not mean that you will!
Just because I am seriously considering JansZen or SoundLabs does not mean that you will!
That's the thing about being an audiophile electrostatic lover!!
Comparing the Quads and the MLs.
I felt the MLs had a fantastic mid range, so good and so clear.
I felt the Quads were fantastic in everything!
Enjoy the journey.
Bruce

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Quad vs Martin Logan - BruceS 22:39:42 02/10/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.