Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: 3.7i Parasound A-21 underpowered, need advise -

I too like to listen on the loud side, the problem is no matter how much I turn up the volume it never sounds loud, just better. I have progressed to the point of bi-amping my 20.1's with a Magtech and an ESL for the high-midrange. The main reason for bi-amping wasn't to get louder but to listen at the levels I like without cooking the speakers in the process.

Before bi-amping I would blow tweeter fuses like popcorn and the ocassional ribbon but rarely a midrange fuse. I did loose the midrange in my right speaker a couple years ago I had to send it back to Magnepan for repair. About 5 mos ago I lost the midrange in the Left speaker, finances have prevented me to get it repaired and to be honest there is not a big difference. I have since raised my crossover point on the LP from 135hz to 200hz so hopefully this will prevent future failures, since biamping I rarely blow tweeter fuses any more and have not blown a ribbon so I may be getting close.

As far as amps go I started with a McIntosh MC352, then I went to a pair of Bryston 7bst monoblocks. Neither came close to the Magtech as far as performance and that was even when I was using the single Magtec, do the 30 day demo I doubt you will send it back......

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.