Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Quad vs Martin Logan

Martin Logan recently introduced their Masterpiece range of speakers and I'm tempted by the Expression 13A model - list price $15K or maybe the Impression 11A - $10K. After listening to Summit and Summit X recently, I like the sound of these speakers.

I have Avantgarde Uno horns at present but they don't like my room much. Also they are 15 years old and technology has marched on. However I love the feeling of being in the presence of musicians with these speakers and I want to maintain that effect. I suspect electrostatics may be the way to go. My room incidentally is semi-circular, about 975 sq ft and with a low ceiling. The speakers are placed in the middle of the room, so get no support from the wall behind them, as it's over 15 ft away and is floor-to-ceiling glass!

An alternative to ML may be Quad 2912 speakers in a similar price range, but I've not heard these.

If anyone who has listened to both ML and Quad and can offer constructive comparative comments, this would be most helpful. My guess is that MLs will offer far better bass and possibly better all round sound.

Thanks

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Quad vs Martin Logan - cawson@onetel.com 17:30:06 02/09/17 (32)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.