Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Sorry to hear that

I had a pair of A-3's long ago but I had nothing but problems with them. They kept cutting out.

I've experienced no such difficulty with mine over the past eleven years. Cutting out? Did you contact your dealer or Roger about that?

If you have heard the U-1BX sub could you compare the U-1BX sub to the B-1 sub?

I have not. But the Professional eXtension cores are more rugged and can take higher output levels than previous versions. Also, the Ultimate series speakers use the tubular steel frames which are more rigid and are less resonant. Here is a pic of them along with U-1s courtesy of Brian Walsh. They are the ones in the center.

I think I'd like some separation in the middle as you find with a couple of instances on the SL installation page using standard B-1s.

Click here to view those.

Dr. West has recently changed the grid structure ("Bass Focus" series) so that both the top and the bottom sections are taller for supposedly even better and more linear bass response. They have also added a couple of smaller models (5' tall) called the U-4iA and Majestic 545.

I cannot imagine finding a better range of full range electrostatic speakers. As a coherency freak, I confess that I am not a fan of hybrids using dipolar panels and monopolar cone woofers operating up through the lower midrange.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Sorry to hear that - E-Stat 13:30:25 02/09/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.