HTTP/1.0 200 OK Content-type: text/html

Can't connect to database, trying again....HTTP/1.0 200 OK Content-type: text/html

Can't connect to database, trying again.... as far as room tx goes - Green Lantern - Planar Speaker Asylum

Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

as far as room tx goes

I started out with an essentially bare room that was also pretty echo'y, so I used a couple of spare throw rugs I had stored away on the side walls to tame reflections. My wife bought an additional 8x12' rug for the center floor. I use a runner carpet on the front wall behind the left speaker but have been meaning to take it down since I think it may be 'robbing' me of pinpoint imaging.

I know this setup is hardly scientific but I wanted the room to be 'family friendly' since it has the only TV in the house (other than the bedroom) there. But now that the house is essentially empty (all the kids are away at college) I figure the time has now come to tap it's potential. There are some challenges, ie a very glassy entertainment center and dead smack in the center a 55" tv. Yet despite the glass I've never regarded the sound to be 'glaring'. I just recently began replacing all my cabling with DIY cables a'la Jon Risch's (post a few paragraphs below this thread). The initial results are far beyond my expectations and as they burn in -will only get better. I use three room lenses (original Ardent) I bought from an estate sale. The owner was a serious audiophile who had just passed away. They help tremendously with imaging.

So basically that's it. I'm waiting on my next batch of Cardas RCAs, and belden cable to arrive to complete the interconnects aspect, next will be DIY speaker cabling although I'm not sure which variety of DIY I'll use as of yet. In addition to saving cost, I find DIY very satisfying and rewarding to the point where I personally know the sound originating from my system is a result of my own efforts.

Hope this answered your question, now I gotta get back to the music!

Edits: 01/31/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.