Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Martin Logan Summit X in a big semi-circular room

The space is large so loading it with bass from a "normal" speaker is not that easy. Which is why I am suggesting using subwoofers. This room is a job for dual 12" dynamic drivers and up, or for Tympani bass. The point isn't that you would be better off with stand mounts and subs but that the small speaker will never get loud enough in that room with the long listening distance you show in your pic. The large ESL panels can do so up to a point but will not load the room with bass quite as well as required. The big Maggies and likely the GT audio will get loud enough but will have limited bass capabilities in the room.

My point about placement relative to the center rack is to place the plane of the speakers just behind the plane of the racks and the center column. If the speakers are in front of the center racks then the backwaves will reflect off of the racks and create early reflections that are far faster than the reflections from the rest of the room and will end up muddying imaging.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.