Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: 12' soundstage from 10.5' wide room

Kudos and much continued enjoyment! I love to see folks appreciate the experience.

If not already, as you keep tweaking things you may also start perceiving the same elements with your eyes open. Along the way, the richness of everything inside that soundstage will become more defined. Many elements will acquire specific perceived location within it and even 3D solidity.

And as they do, sound will actually stop "emanating" from the walls. It will all be so palpable that -- yes, with your eyes open -- the walls will disappear on all 3 sides. That's probably because your sight will often be "commanded" to refocus into the new aurally perceived positions. Your head will be able to turn -- to sometimes quite outside the speakers -- and not lose "sight" of the instruments. And, oh man, acoustic instrumental textures with a "specific location" can be so mouth-watering delightful!

Amusingly, your friends will not want to believe it is PLAIN stereo...often source > straight to power amps. Not when some recordings will be so "obviously" surround (which, happily, you already experience).

That is a neat thing planars, including Maggies, will kindly do if we give them a fighting chance. Clearly you are working well on it. My own Maggies will often turn 12' wide x 4' deep into like 24' wide by "cavernous" deep. They began to do this years ago after some hard work and a few good contributions from the good folks here.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 12' soundstage from 10.5' wide room - JBen 22:58:14 01/28/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.