Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: canned goods

My work ToDo list has grown so long I may never get around to experimenting with crossover components on my 1.7s. If I were going to experiment I would prefer to know in advance how to measure an audible difference for example lower distortion or a smoother frequency response curve in REW. If it is possible to measure an audible change and I lack the tools to measure I can still hear the audible change I just can't prove I heard it. So my assertion that an audible change occurred would be objective even if false because it can be proven or disproven by someone with the appropriate tools.

I found a couple of relevant articles that suggest changing components may be audible in some cases but they don't provide any before and after tests:
http://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/loudspeaker-myths-and-truths/loudspeaker-myths-crossovers-bracing-drivers-oh-my
http://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/crossovers/identifying-legitimately-high-fidelity-loudspeakers-crossover-coils-capacitors

Perhaps understood by all but: the statement that coating my speaker cables with mustard smooths the frequency response of mid base is objective because it can be proven false. The statement that coating my speaker cables with mustard induces inner harmony is subjective because it cannot be proven or disproven.

On the other hand I may not know what I am doing with REW :|.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: canned goods - zulugone 19:14:48 01/18/17 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.