Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: 1.7 frame damping

Regarding this particular subject, the most learned individual I found was a gentleman we called "Peter Gunn" or John Krucezek. He completed my Magnapan 1.6 speakers and they are as solid as rocks. Being well pass 70 years old, I could not imagine trying to lift speakers weighing more than 200LBS as some of these ideas may suggest. I've got to say, my speakers still play with a beauty I can't explain. Each time I upgrade my cables, TT cartridge, fuses for my power/preamp, etc, my Maggie 1.6's sound better. Peter Gunn was a master at figuring out how to keep the Maggies from making strange noises even at a loud playing level. He was also a master at figuring out how wood (various types) could help the Magnapan speakers, no matter which model sound wonderful. The guy did an awesome job on my speakers and I plan to get them back to him for upgrading. He completed them before I left Baltimore back in 2012 and moved here to Georgia. If anyone is interested, I will try to figure out how to post photos of my Maggies. Thanks for listening.
An African American audio, classical & jazz music lover. I love all great jazz, classical and folk music. Am also a lover of 1/2 track (15ips) reel to reel tape decks.

Edits: 01/08/17 01/08/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 1.7 frame damping - Music Man Bob 07:53:46 01/08/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.