Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Quads and Cat

Maybe its a cumulative thing as well. I already had my speaker cables and power cords to my subs up on lifts with good results. But when I also lifted the power cords to the Quads and power cords to my CAT amps, there was a whole new level of improvement and it wasn't subtle or hard to hear. It was plain as day; as if a nasty layer of glaze had been wiped clean.

The only cables left to lift in the entire system are the 2m interconnects from my preamp to the amps and thats going to be a little tricky. These interconnects run through a space that's under my 450 lb equipment rack so I've got to get behind that beast and find a clear route around the sides where I can set them up on lifts. I've studied it and there's a way. Now I just have to find the inspiration to do it!

Maybe next weekend..... But I've got to hear what if any difference it makes to have every single power cord and interconnect off the floor. If this last change adds anything like the power cords to the Quads and amps, I just can't imagine how good it will sound. :^)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Quads and Cat - tedtag 05:02:34 01/03/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.