Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

The correct magnepan for my room

Hello my name is Bob I am new to the forum! I love listening to music and have been out of the stereo market for a few years now.I am looking for some advise on building a new system for the living room of a house we are having built.I put together a system for my basement years ago for the home theatre and tried to incorporate music listening as well as for action films. I feel the system works good for movies but not so well for music listening. Here is what I haver down stairs so you have a idea of what i am use to. I have 5 marantz ma 500 mono blocks and a 2 channel 8008 aragon amp i bought in the 90s its a beast but seems harsh to me on top.. I running this through a integra avl pre amp with a oppo blu ray player. The speakers are definitive technology bp 2000 bipolar speakers the front ,center ,and back. are also def techs.I am looking for something more musical just for music.In the 90s we had a magnepan dealer local called Flips Stereo .This was my first and only audition with them.It left a big impression on me ,the music seemed true to life , huge sound stage almost magical .I am going to include my room size and picture of a display home so you can sorta see what i have to work with.We listen to a variety of music including jazz,pop and some rock.I am listing some of the equipment that I have been considering so any advice would be much appreciated.I have thought about experimenting with a integrated tube amp also.The speakers will go on the sides of the fireplace. I am also trying to keep cost down,the house is killing me as it is! :O) I also wanted to mention I would like to get into listening to vinyl

Rogue audio cronus magnum 2
Nad m-32
mac -6700 receiver
and of course the magnepans 1.7
I wanted to thank you guys for your help.

Edits: 12/31/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - The correct magnepan for my room - partell 13:10:21 12/31/16 (32)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.