Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Time To Simplify

If you do not listen at levels similar to live concerts then you can be served by a good integrated amplifier. I have paired MMG's with a nice little Teac integrated AI-501DA 90Watts Class D and it works well - Lot's of digital ins - but no phono preamp. Sounds as

A friend/customer has has done what you did - move to a place with a smaller listening room and popped for a MA8000 from Mcintosh - and asked me to set it up a couple days ago. He has new 3.7's too but uses phono as well - my guess is this amp is as good (or better) than my MC352. Plus state of the art D-A and will last him... well like a Mcintosh.

The MAC is not my kind of simple - but this unit will serve him well should he wrap a full HT system around it sometime later. I'm working on a new rack for him. And the tone controls are very useful as we found - not only for adjusting for some room issues - but also to tweak some source recording deficiencies.

The best feature is the input level trim. This way his four sources can be "balanced so when you switch the levels mostly match. Only thing missing from the MAC are Bluetooth RCVR (no biggy) and Network inputs (we use his OPPO.)

"The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat" - Confucius

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Time To Simplify - BigguyinATL 09:28:35 12/29/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.