Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Quads and Cat

That is some pretty serious gear you are playing with; congratulations. The Giyas are one speaker that may sway me from 'stats. However, I have not yet gotten tired of the Beveridges that I restored.

Absolute ear crunching volume levels are not important to me. The perspective of , essentially floor to ceiling line source, is certainly compelling -impressive and can be quite life like. However, what the Quads do well will be hard to beat over the long term even with Magnepan 20.___'s

Any electrostat will be a compromise or an offering of a different perspective and I will include the Soundlabs in this as well. I like what Electrostatics do well. I wouldn't trade your Quad set up for Magnepans-my choice for the illusion- especially when you will have Giyas coming in.

It is all a compromise regardless of how much time and money you put into it. The illusion that pleases you is the correct one. I know what PKs work is capable of and no stock Quad can compete. His latest work includes some materials that at least on the ESL tweeter panels takes things to another level IMO.

You have killer amplification on that system that will bring the best out of your Quads.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.