Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Seeking Advice - 20,1s, 3.7s, subs

My room is a bit larger than Muggsy's given the third dimension (22x22x20) and the 3.7i easily fills this listening environment without any strain supported with the ULS-15 providing solid bass underpinning. Having the right amplification matters, of course (Sanders Magtech amp is a gem), but there are a number of great amps recommended for Maggies each with their own distinctive flavor.

Naturally the 20.1 will provide deeper bass extension without augmentation, but probably won't go quite as deep as a good sub that's integrated properly. Of course, with the 20.1 having more cohesive top to bottom performance without augmentation, the extra oomph in the bottom octave may not matter.

Dollar for dollar I'm persuaded that the 3 series Maggies provide the best bang for buck, but I'm assessing this based on my own experience in a specific listening environment with all the parameters matched to satisfy my personal listening tastes.

It all comes down to an individual's hearing and listening preferences.

Edits: 12/16/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.