Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Any and all input is appreciated! ...

I would say - as I've just done this ... add a pair of sealed subs! You also need an active XO so you can roll off the bass panels to match the subs' roll-off (to reduce distortion). Your room size determines whether a pair of 12 inchers will do ... or you really need 15" drivers. My room is 19' x 12' x 9' high; my 'sub guy' advised me - given my love of organ music - to choose 15" drivers (Dayton Ultimax in 150l sealed cabinets, powered by an 800w Hypex plate amp) ... and I am very glad he did! My organ music could not sound better. :-))

The only thing I would add is that the best marrying of subs to any speakers - but, I suspect, particularly panels - is to be able to use DSP to delay either the Maggies or the subs, to time-align them. In my case, a miniDSP unit provides the XO between bass panels and subs ... as well as the XOs between bass panels 7 mid panels, and mid panels & ribbons. (I run my Maggies 3-way active.) delay is just one of the things a miniDSP unit provides - as is EQ for troublesome room modes.

Andy

BTW, I know people who have 20.Xs who also have subs.

Regards,
Andy

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.