Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Amps for Maggies. Tube vs SS (I've searched)

Right you are, the woofers have a mounting flange of about 269mm, don't know where I got 12". The SEAS driver looks great, with a massive motor. So the Rythmik sub is complicated, but 10 channels (I just looked, and it's actually 8!) of amplification (with controls to adjust their relative levels, etc.) isn't?! Adding an active x/o to mate the OB/Dipole Sub to a pair speakers is pretty straightforward (the First Watt or Marchand will work splendidly), at least for people here, and the sub is self-contained, comprised of two woofers and the Ryrhmik plate amp featuring the Servo-Feedback circuit (along with shelving circuit to compensate for the dipole 6dB/octave rolloff). The 521 is a very well-designed loudspeaker, of course, but if one has a speaker that is well-loved (and perhaps "better" than the M/T section of the 521), the GR/Rythmik sub is an attractive option for adding high-performance bass to it for a modest amount of $ (about two grand built).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.