Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Sub option for MG .7 Rythmik F12 or TBI Audio

In my opinion, a lot of this comes down to the volume levels you listen at. IMO, the key is to never overload your room (exzcept of course, if you are having on of those "going nuts" nights:)

I have a Martin Logan sub, cut-off at lowest setting, listen relatively nearfield, and I get tuneful bass. I can play organ music at moderate volumes, and the air shudders, even though my maggie 1.2's of course only go down to 45hz or so. But things get congested fast if I try to pretend my listening area (my entire downstairs as far as area goes)is actually a cathedral!!

It is quite a treat when you can hear those pedal stops kicking in and all that air hitting the room. But as I said, I find volume level is key. The way I look at it, I am continuing my long tradition of saving my ears :) I have some friends whose hearing is shot from years of going to clubs and listening to stuff way too loud. I truly enjoy the "miniaturized" accuracy of home listening. All the parts are there, just not as gut=punching. But that is just my take.

/ optimally proportioned triangles are our friends

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Sub option for MG .7 Rythmik F12 or TBI Audio - farfetched 21:27:45 10/09/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.