Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: That strikes me as an odd statement

I'm currently running a pair of IVA's in an undersized room so I know exactly what you're talking about. :-) I started with split config and now I have them up against the wall in line to try to get a sonic benchmark -- that arrangement isn't practical for my room as it eats up half of it and blocks a window to boot.

Agree completely with your characterization of the bass. It's something the IVA's share with the 1-D's that I had for many years, and once you've lived with that combination of bass realism, slam, and extension, it's hard to settle for anything else! But I'm having trouble getting the IVA's to image well in the split configuration because the woofer panels tend to block/reflect the back wave. I've thought of splitting the woofer panels -- using a single midbass panel against the wall, which wouldn't block the backwave, and then combining the low bass panels and putting them elsewhere, e.g., out in the hall. But I don't really have a good place for them. So if I could get similar results from the GR W-frame dipoles and jus the midbass panels against the wall, that would be great.

(Room pics here, I was just discussing the setup issues with Play-Mate:)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: That strikes me as an odd statement - josh358 19:31:51 10/02/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.