Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: That strikes me as an odd statement

Both the OB/Dipole (sub)woofer and the Tympani bass panel have what has been called a "lean" character. I consider that a compliment! They both lack an ounce of fat, being pure muscle. Neither, with optimum placement, displays a hint of boom, fatness, or any of the other common complaints about subs in general. They are both very "percussive", reproducing piano, drums, stand-up bass, and any other instrument that is "slapped" the best I have ever heard. I attribute that to their unequalled ability to "start and stop on a dime", as the expression goes.

Both require at least 3' of space between them and the wall behind them (mine will have 5', much better), but the Tympani's have a much larger footprint, the two panels being 32" wide to the OB's 16". Because of their dipole/figure-of-8 cancellation to either side, they can be placed right up against the room's side walls, often necessary with the Tympani's because of their width (such will be the case in my room). The question is whether or not my T-IV's will work out in my smaller-than-optimum room. The OB/Dipole will not be a problem---it is very room-friendly.

Edits: 10/02/16 10/02/16 10/02/16 10/02/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.