Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: That strikes me as an odd statement

zulugone, your particular room has a lot to do with it. If you're lucky enough not to have severe room modes created by the room's dimensions, a second sub may not bring a huge improvement. Many listeners DO have that problem, and adding a second sub allows nulls to be filled in. That is the biggest advantage of a second, more than increased maximum SPL. But a second may also allow both subs to be set at a lower volume, decreasing their distortion.

My situation is unusual, in that I use the GR Research OB/Dipole Subs as woofers for my speakers, not subs. They can be crossed over as high as 300Hz! Mine are used up to 180Hz, with the F15's from 40Hz down. Definitely overkill, but I already had the F15's when I discovered the OB's; I just had to have them! My room back in S. California was 10'H x 13'W x 19'L, and sounded terrible---flutter echo, severe ringing, etc. I just moved north, and my new room, though smaller, sounds much, much better. I can't wait to get my system set-up here later this month!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: That strikes me as an odd statement - BDP24 16:20:49 10/01/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.