Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: personally I'd consider 20.1s

I'm sort of scared of modifying speakers and wish the 20.7's came from the factory already configured to be biamped. If that was the case I could do all sorts of combinations with the 4 pair of mono blocks I've got in inventory right now: the JL7's, the Premier 8's, the Carvers, and a brand new pair of Nuprime R20s'. I forgot to mention the R20's but those things are 400w into 4 ohms Class D and sound crazy good with the 3.7's. In fact they all sound good but the JL7's really are "stupendous" with the Maggies, to borrow a word from Norman's previous post! Of course I could try the 20'7s with the JL7's and if they were a little short on power, sell some stuff and buy a pair of CAT Statements. I can only imagine what the 20'7's would sound like with a pair of the Statements and almost unlimited triode power. (Sorry, I need to stop here and wipe the drool from my chin). Any thoughts about that combination?

Edits: 09/29/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.