Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Diffusison

Fellow Inmates

Proper room treatment should be on every audiophiles agenda. Big time.
The right balance between diffusion and damping of sound waves is especially important for our beloved dipole / planar technology, and I must admit, I have previously not given it so much attention that it deserves.

I have learned some good advice from different sources and people, but would put following link to your hearts & imagination :

http://www.hedbackdesignedacoustics.com/files/QuickSiteImages/AMS_for_Stereo_List._Rms.pdf

The cheap & easy bending of the translucent fibre glass diffusors, has enabled me to adjust angles and distances to the reflecting back wall and (sorry to say) adding another level of complexity in acoustical setup.
As the reflectors donĀ“t suck up any excess lower frequencies, but rather disperse higher frequencies and break-up flatter echoes in midrange, there are further treatments to be made.

Tubed bass traps and a row of polystyrene bars across the ceiling, have made incredible progress in managing decay across different frequencies.

Not particular WAF friendly, but at least price sensitive.

regards Leif

Hysolid // Mytek Brooklyn // Spectron Musician III // Analysis Audio Omega

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.