Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: How loud will my 63s be able to go with line-level 150Hz high pass filtering?

It is always a trade-off. One high quality cap is usually not a deal breaker and in the case of the Dahlquist I think you could do better by bypassing its connectors. They may be responsible for more audible degradation than the cap itself. I added a protective cap on my mids an octave below their rollover, and found sonicap type 1 and type 2 were audible as were sonicap platinum (tefon) orange drops, pannie film, and electrocube, but the cheap foil cap from the dayton brand was nearly entirely transparent, just rounding the slightest amount of detail. There are better caps yet to try, but I am very happy with that one considering the price difference with say a Jupiter copper and wax piece. I am pretty certain with the effect since I am comparing the performance with a cap vs without (bass turned off, female vocals flute and violin for material). The cap was hardwired into the interconnect- no added connectors.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: How loud will my 63s be able to go with line-level 150Hz high pass filtering? - Satie 09:20:30 09/27/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.