Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Another as good as it gets speaker and proper electronics.

It was for the mid-bass I got the T-IV's Josh. I had a pair of T-I's back in '73-4, and I missed the Tympani's abilities with drums, piano, and acoustic bass shortly after I sold them (to get Fulton Model J's). My T-IV's came up for sale in Portland, OR, where my sister lives, so I snapped them up to use as (sub)woofers for my Quad ESL's. I had the seller deliver them to my sisters house to save the cost and possible damage of shipping, figuring I'd bring them back to S. California with me the next time I was up in Portland. As it turns out, I moved up instead! My room here is smaller than my one in CA, but sounds WAY better. That one was 13' X 19' (with a 10' ceiling), but with a bay window, and the room had severe echo flutter and high frequency ringing. Worst room I ever had. Though smaller, this one I have now sounds much better.

Like you Josh I may end up placing the two woofer panels staggered behind the M/T one. And I'll be trying the woofer panels with both my Quads (original 57's) and ET LFT-8b's, as well as with the T-IV M/T panels, bi-amping with a First Watt B4. Fun!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.