Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Another as good as it gets speaker and proper electronics.

I'm real happy to hear that Josh, 'cause my sealed room is only 13' X 14.5' (with an 8' ceiling). In the past I would have considered that entirely too small for Tympanis, but I'm gonna give it a try anyway. The room is laid out perfectly symmetrical (two doors and one window) if the long wall is used as the width of the room. The T-IV's can be 5' from the long wall, firing towards the opposite wall 8' from the panels. The listening chair will be right up against the back wall, my head about a foot from it. With the bass panels placed right up against the side walls, the tweeters can be 8' apart and 8' from my ears. I like an equilateral speaker/listener arrangement, so that's great. Really the only thing wrong is the room is too shallow---I would like three to five feet between my ears and the wall behind them, but I'm out of luck.

For whatever reason the room sounds pretty darn good, from what I can tell without a real system playing in it. I have a bunch of ASC tube traps (9", 11", and 16"), and a DSPeaker Dual-Core to tame the room modes I am sure to have. We shall see!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.