Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

I semi disagree with Davey

It is possible that a software can push computer or DAC to a higher output, but my experiences with such combinations were disappointing. Even when the levels were more than adequate, overall sound was lacking. I speculate that simply amps in the DAC/computer have problem driving the amp for whatever reason it may be.

I kept using VTL2.5 Pre and the sound is simply better, more immediate, more alive, more natural, more flowing than driving my quite sensitive amp directly.

I do not say that there are no DACS that can do successfully, but I did not have time / money to test one by one, and be tied to one specific DAC.

Keep in mind that ETs are one of the most detailed speakers in their price range, and above, and really show differences in equipment chain used to feed them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.