Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Absolutely! ...

Thanks Ozzie for the fine detail. Very useful. Just a day out of cataract surgery so can't give the pic any more careful attention for the time being, but I am sure others would appreciate them,

I have no trouble believing that the flat wire would provide better tighter deeper response and cleaner response because it creates a better damped diaphragm and a stiffer moving surface so is more pistonic. It is also consistent with results reported by others for 3 series speakers. So another winner for the flat wire.

For the ribbon integration I would try first skipping the DSP altogether and joining the ribbon tweeter in with a first order filter like the ET LFT 8 at somewhere between 10 and 15khz - probably easier to do at speaker level with just one series cap with the ribbon and the circuit in parallel with the wire tweeter - if your amp can handle really low impedance loads (2'ish ohms) at lowish power. Do not use a low pass on the original wire tweeter and just play it as high as it will go. That way you can maintain identical polarities on the wire tweeter and the ribbon supertweeter. I absolutely love that alignment. Also used by some Apogee models to great effect

I would be very curious to see how this compares with your DSP when you implement it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Absolutely! ... - Satie 16:02:21 09/07/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.