Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Quad esl63 constant neon flashing

AC units need to run for quite a while to drop humidity. I use a mini-split and programmed a thermostat for a wider temperature hysteresis to ensure it drops the humidity. Some units have a dry mode that does the same thing. The suggestion of a humidity gauge is a good one.

I have had 63's for a long time and the problems I have seen, is the glue letting go on the stator's which isn't difficult to repair. But I did recently try to help someone and it turned out the membrane had torn which requires panel replacement or rebuild.

If it is the glue, the sizzle/pop you are hearing is arcing which can burn holes in the membrane leading to a tear. So the recommendation is to turn them off and resolve the problem when you hear it.

If lower humidity doesn't resolve it and you want to attempt to inspect and possibly repair the panels, feel free to contact me. There are also members that do this as a business and have excellent reputations.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.