Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Quad ESL in the making

I'm on to my third rebuild of the ESLs. I had an opportunity to sell my other two sets earlier this year to fund some other projects and did so.

I had multiple sets of transformers, EHT units a pair of frames and lots of panels... I began to dig out what I had in order to put together one final set.

Resprayed the cans, rebuilt the power supplies and transformers and sand and re-finish the frames and rails.

I have a set of new original screens and am waiting for the panels to come back from Florida after a rebuild.

I'm listening to Beveridges now ... which are phenomenal but I just had to put together one more set of ESLs.

These seem a lot more work than the other 2 pair that I rebuilt... but then that might of been 10years ago and I'm not getting as enthusiastic about DIY as I used to..

I will try the confounding Bedini amp on these when I'm done.. it is one sweet amp but it was need of a major overhaul with the incredible heat it produces for its pure Class A 25w per channel. It proved to be a challenge to rebuild but runs rock solid now.

I don't think the Quads will knock out the Beveridges - especially since I am direct driving them now... but the ESLs do so much well especially with new panels I have to have another set. Stay tuned....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Quad ESL in the making - AJ 18:26:51 08/22/16 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.