Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE:REALLY big stats

Can't be certain that it is concave. My German is way too rudimentary for the nuance of the technical details in the review. The pics imply that it is slightly concave, but it could be a lens issue.

I would understand the concave alignment since I use that to get the centers of the cylindrical waveforms from each of the planar drivers to be time aligned so that first arrivals are identical in arrival time. That retains the short transients coordinated in arrival from all the drivers. In a way it is a vandersteen turned on its side.

The only thing here is that these ESL drivers might actually have a more planar wave launch. Someone needs to take a polar radiation plot to determine the pattern .

I would guess that since the designer had studied the Accoustats closely and copied their cell and wire stator structure that the center segment of the center driver - or one vertical segment at one of the ends has the top frequencies to itself.

The German HiFi mag had reviewed other models. Wish one of our German speakers would run it through the auto translate and edit into the original intent and meaning.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.