Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Cousin just gave me distressed tympani 1-Ds what amp.

Hey All,

I knew this list would have good thoughts.

I probably will send them to Magnepan just to keep them "authentic". I think if I'm sending them off I might as well send the whole unit for evaluation.

My listening main room is about 24' x 22' x 8' with other hallways and rooms that aren't for listening with very little furniture but all walls are currently hard surfaces. I was trying to avoid getting a sub woofer. Regarding loudness I don't think I listen to loud music but maybe my neighbors differ.

KW+ amp sounds really big I didn't realize they got so large. After my initial post I found some nice comments regarding the Hypex Class 4 amplifiers that seems like a good fit to me and with enough of them I could get into bi-amping.

Looks like I will be building some boxes to ship the speakers to Magnepan. That should give me 12 weeks or so to sort out the amplifier/s.

Thank you for the feedback.

Ben

I love the idea of the Sanders Magtech but at $5K I can tell already they aren't for me:)

I'm assuming I want to bi-amp but I had no idea

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.