Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Active bi-amping of ET LFT-8b

The B4 is probably the better choice since you alter the filters by using plug in jumpers. The Marchand required desoldering and resoldering in the components on the frequency boards. that is time consuming and an annoyance. .

Wall loading not only reduces dipole cancellation on one side but if placed about 45% into the room will capture the transverse mode of the room which has the lowest frequency of any of the major room modes. If there is one mode you do want to excite then that is the one. Since that is usually in the 30 hz range. The narrow wall mode is one you want to minimize as it is likely to fall in the 80-100 hz range and also produce nulls at that freq in various spots in the room. To do that you place the bass panels flat face forwards with no toe in.
When using the wall loaded setup and you have the panels face forwards then the bass panels will be offset from equidistant and will be out of time alignment so would have to be low passed steeply so that they don't interfere with the mid panels and smear the imaging. I am still trying to make the most out of this config so that you can get closer to the perfect imaging of the equidistant arc setup. .

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.