Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Active bi-amping of ET LFT-8b

I've been making my way back in time through the old threads here, and now know that I am not the first to have brought up the topic of bi-amping the LFT-8's. In doing so, I have become somewhat confused, so I'll be asking questions for a few days. Thanks for your patience!

First up: Since the leg of the x/o going to the magnetic-planar panel is just a single cap, is there any reason I couldn't (or shouldn't) bypass the stock x/o for the panel entirely, hooking up the panel leads directly to the power amp driving the panels, with a HPF installed on the amp's input jacks? I hope I am not revealing my ignorance by asking ;-)! Wouldn't doing so be of benefit if for no other reason than preventing the amp from seeing the low frequencies in the signal? I could install a pair of binding posts onto a piece of MDF on top of the LFT's bass enclosure, connecting the panel leads and my speaker cables to them. Would doing this be likely to reward me with any audible improvement? I realize this tactic won't work with the woofer, for reasons already covered in this thread.

Edits: 06/30/16 06/30/16 06/30/16 06/30/16 06/30/16 06/30/16 06/30/16 06/30/16 06/30/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.