Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Active bi-amping of ET LFT-8b

I am doing research on the subject of actively bi-amping my Eminent Technology LFT-8b loudspeakers. Bruce Thigpen recommends bi-amping by adding a couple of parts to the existing passive x/o, and connecting the two power amps to the separate woofer and magnetic-planar M/T panel binding posts on the speaker. Though I am going to be auditioning other woofers in place of the stock ET 8" cone (both a pair of Tympani T-IV woofer panels, and a pair of GR Research OB/Dipole subs), I am also interested in hearing the stock woofers with an active x/o, doing it differently than Bruce's suggestion---by employing an active line-level x/o before the power amps, not using the internal speaker-level x/o at all. That appears to be no problem for the panel, as the x/o leg for it is simply a single capacitor that creates a 1st order HP filter. But the leg for the woofer contains other parts, that do more than just create the complimentary LP filter. I am no electronic engineer, so can a more technically educated member here enlighten me on how to proceed? On how to include the woofer-compensation parts into the active line-level x/o? Thanks---Eric.

Edits: 06/30/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Active bi-amping of ET LFT-8b - BDP24 16:24:08 06/28/16 (30)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.