Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Green Lantern's Gunned MMGs

GL posted his very positive experience after setting up his Gunned MMGs again and I was fortunate to be invited to come by to hear them. So in spite of the heat we had a good session last weekend.

I don't recall ever hearing MMGs before, although I had heard SMGas a few times many years ago. And I've heard a variety of larger Maggies, including GL's MG-20s. I've also had limited experience with Gunned Maggies.

I must say I was struck by the exceptional clarity and detail his GMMGs presented. Also, the soundstage was exceptional as well. Realistic instruments seemed to hang there in space. The only thing I felt lacking was bass extension, but GL utilizes a subwoofer (we listened with that both on and off). I felt a little more tweaking to integrate his sub could help as there seemed to be a small dip in the mid to upper bass range. Otherwise they were outstanding.

As we chatted about them after listening we agreed that once supplemented properly at the low end they could be the foundation for a very musical and satisfying system, one that could stand up against systems costing several times more.

Thanks for the chance to hear them GL.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing, if you can fake that you've got it made." Groucho

Edits: 06/22/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Green Lantern's Gunned MMGs - M3 lover 10:28:06 06/22/16 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.