Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Consider making a wooden box.

fortunately my former Duetta Sigs came with a shipping crate. I added the soft blue foam squares and hard foam squares for spacers.

They survived a 500 mile journey inside a tractor trailer, but there's no way I would've ship them overseas-unless the buyer was willing to sign away on a damage waiver.

Theft is always a concern! But here's a interesting story (to me anyway): I worked in Afghanistan back in '09 for four years as a civilian contractor. During those 4 years I probably flew out on vacation at least 24 times (12 out, 12 back).
One year (for some strange reason) I allowed my duffle bag to be checked, not unusual except this time I decided to place my laptop inside it since I also had a Galaxy tab I used. I never had a problem with lost luggage before (and you guessed it- this would be the time my bag would get lost). It did get lost and of course now I'm sweating because my laptop had ALL my personal information including credit card numbers, home address, etc., available to any 8th grade hacker who could get past a couple of passwords (and not exactly the place you'd want this kind of info in the wrong hands). Long story short, 10 days later and $80 in cell phone cards later, my bag was finally located. It had traveled to Dubai, then to Kabul, back to Dubai, though Kandahar and then finally to my area. When I went to pick it up I saw my cheap padlock on the outside of the bag unbroken. When I opened it and saw my laptop, I tipped the cargo guy $20 on the spot! Remember-this was just a basic duffle bag, anyone could've felt the outline of my laptop through the material and then with a dull knife- sliced right through it. But again-nothing was touched...by contrast: me and my wife took a vacation to Paris a year prior and the airline lost my wife's checked in suitcase, a day or two later it turned up. EVERYTHING inside was gone, souvenirs, gifts, you name it (no laptops, she's smarter than me LoL). Took months to have our claim approved and finally reimbursed but what a hassle it was.

No reason I mention this other than I hadn't thought about this before reading your post...

actual bag the day it was received-

Edits: 06/12/16 06/12/16 06/12/16 06/12/16 06/13/16 06/13/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.