Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Roger Sanders and other dipole stuff.

Duke, were the dipoles by Gradient? They are the people who offered the dipole sub for the Quad 63 in the 80's and 90's. Gradient is actually located in Finland, and I believe still offer dipole subs.

Speaking of dipole subs and Quads, the sub you should become aware of is a joint offering by GR Research and Rythmik Audio, developed by those company's Danny Richie and Brian Ding. It consists of a pair (or trio) of 12" Servo-Feedback controlled paper coned woofers installed in opposing directions in a W- or H-frame, powered and controlled by the Rythmik Servo-Feedback 370w plate amp. To counter-act the dipole cancellation, Brian installs a 6dB/octave shelving circuit in the amp, which enables response to below 20Hz at robust SPL.

The sub is offered only as a kit (priced at around $1500/pr shipped for the 2-woofer version), comprised of two amps and either four (standard) or six (at extra cost) woofers, the frame being the responsibility of the user. Several GR Research AudioCircle Forum contributors offer H-frame flat packs (very easy to assemble), one CNC cut from 1.5" thick MDF! There is a lot of information about the sub available on that forum.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.