Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: "a cancellation effect of this resonance as you increase the length of the driver" ...

The cavity resonance is a trapped air resonance so has to build over time so would have random phase relative to the signal and a time delay of at least one cycle. It is exactly a random noise with amplitude related to freq, not a freq response variation due to any other cause like a driver's breakup and self absorption modes related to non pistonic behavior. The diaphragm itself is not producing the resonance. It is more like a cabinet resonance.So should not be thought of as a part of the freq response of the driver but a noise with its own separate behavior.
What is different among drivers above and below the midline listening and measurement axis is opposing directions, nothing more.
When I started trying out the Neo8 drivers my plan was to use a notch filter if my line did not squelch the resonance as some others had shown in their Neo8 line array measurements. But as I increased the number of drivers in he array the resonance peak progressively declined in magnitude and was pretty much vestigial with 6 drivers per side.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.