Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: My new Maggie .7s and my SVS SB-1000 sub.... not too great

Sorry,I responded to you and meant to respond "in general"...gotta watch where my reading ends and my typing starts...

I stand by that no single sub can match what two of the same sub will do, or even with two "slightly lesser" subs can do compared to one of them. No way one will match, physics isn't changed by preference. I insist on measuring, the human ear is very poor at judging sub performance, or with very low frequencies in general. We use that to our advantage with subs.

As for the miniDSP: I do use some of their stuff. It is pretty good, but I will not use it for some stuff as long as the processing is done at 48kHz. I realize this is common for much "audio DSP" stuff, and I put up with it for now, but I am unwilling to use it in my "analog" system (it uses the subs too).

I do admit that it doesn't matter for bass and LFE, and also not as much (for me) for HT, but the prob is *all* the audio has to pass through the digital filter on the way to providing the bass. Good analog filters can cost a fair bit and are not within a couple magnitudes of the flexibility of the miniDSP units. Again, compromises...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.