Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: My new Maggie .7s and my SVS SB-1000 sub.... not too great

Although I made the switch to electrostats then a few Gallo models (settling with the 5LS's) over the past couple years I have had some experience with SVS subs and I've owned different Maggies from 1.6's to 3.6's over the last 15+ years with and without a sub.

I tried dual SB-2000's and thought the sound was horrible in most every way subs can sound bad both with music and with HT. Then I upgraded to dual SB Ultras a week or so later (this past January) and all my problems were solved. They sound great and match really well. If sticking with SVS I would only consider one or two SB Ultras or be looking at a different brand of subwoofers like the JL Audio e110 or e112. SVS does have an excellent return policy as well so it would be worth trying one or two of the Ultras if you have the $. Definitely worth the upgrade in price in every way IMO.

Best regards,
Jon

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: My new Maggie .7s and my SVS SB-1000 sub.... not too great - Kiefer74.1 01:15:46 05/11/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.