Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: My new Maggie .7s and my SVS SB-1000 sub.... not too great

Thank you.
The Tube Traps are ancient originals that I've carried from place to place, like an audiophile nomad.

The MFA mono's are rated at 120 WPC, into 8 Ohms. I run the MMG's off the 4 Ohm tap, and the subs off the 8 Ohm. Amplifier power tubes are currently Ruby KT-88's. I have also used Gold Lion re-issues with great success.

My pre-amp is a highly-upgraded MFA Luminescence and it's fun to roll tubes in that unit, especially in the line stage, since much of my source material now is streaming.

I've discovered all kinds of new and new to me, music as a Spotify subscriber. After many years of searching for some "audiophile systemic holy grail" I'm finally quite content to simply listen and enjoy music.

In my opinion, the MMG's are a most amazing value. I bought mine used and restored them, doing a "half-razor" as long as I had the socks off.

I think if the OP experiments with speaker placement, he may very well find that he doesn't really "need" subwoofers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: My new Maggie .7s and my SVS SB-1000 sub.... not too great - paul3 19:09:56 05/06/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.