Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Having midrange failure issues, anyone else?

Thanks for all the advice so far, so far I have changed the LP card to the 200HZ hopefully that will help take some of the load off of the midrange. I also have replaced fuses in my tweeters from pushing it too hard and I expect that, even the occasional tweeter failure never bothered me as its an easy inexpensive repair,

My beef is that the midrange fuse almost never blows then all of a sudden it doesn't work and I am left with a $1200 expense and a pretty good project to remove the bass mid panel to send back to Magnepan.

And as far as playing it loud, 1st off I'm no kid, just turned 60 this year with that said to me, and people that have enjoyed my system it never seems to be too loud, as you turn up the volume the sound just gets better and better, I don't feel like im really over driving them, then again I do know I have a lot of power and I thought that would help things but I see it just creates other issues.

Its like buying a Ferrari and only driving the speed limit, I didn't build this system NOT to use it.

Again that's for all the advice it is appreciated.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.