Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Logan vs Maggie

Thanks for the response. I've always found full panels (Maggies and the CLS) to be harder to place than hybrid ML's because they throw a larger more regular image (and that placement often flies in the face of the most even bass response). I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than listen to a full range panel on a wall less than 15' wide. That's my 1st requirement. The next one is no equipment (other than an amp on the floor) or furnishings behind, near, or god forbid in the way of my seat. Unless there is no choice, sticking all your equipment in direct visual sight of your listening seat is what someone who worships equipment does. I'm too busy trying to concentrate on Prokofiev's 5th or Vini Reilly to look at my equipment and swell with pride.

I know I'm bound for the 3.7i's because I always favor speakers in shoot outs with superior tweeters. Somehow I can listen to LS3-5A's and fill in the missing bass in my mind - killer tweeters just add so much...

Even that Emotiva 5 whatever it is is superb just because of those tweeters.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.