Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Acoustic treatments and dipoles

For the record yes my Maggies stand approx 9' from the front wall; however the same wall shares a 3' deep entertainment center which occupies about 2/3rd's of said wall. So one could argue it's closer to 6' vs 9' (although there's a lot of nooks and crannies, (oh yeah I'm sure there's a lot happening back there acoustically).

I've tried them in many different configurations ie different wall, close to wall, 'shoulder' to wall etc., but the current position seems to suit me both acoustically as well as aesthetically.

I had the pleasure of having both M3 Lover and photoguy over and they offered me excellent acoustical treatment advice. Initially my intent was not to turn this room (which started out as a family room) into a acoustic chamber but since all the kids are away at college I'm leaning more towards a more 'intelligent design'.

But the sound I'm hearing is incredible, I can't imagine it getting better. Yes I know, big screen TVs and glass doors are no friend to Maggies and discussions regarding covering them with a blanket, sheet, etc would only be considered during a 'Maggie day' scenario only.

Edits: 04/03/16 04/03/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.