Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

The Maggie/wood glue/LP solution

It's one of those things one keeps wanting to remind others about.

If you listen to LP's, AND you own Maggies or planars, here's a tweak for your system sound...and you most likely ALREADY have it: the wood glue (at least some brands). It can easily be the same wood glue that you normally use (check first) but layered on some of you LP's that need deep cleaning.

So check it out. Or walk into your hardware store thinking "I need wood glue to clean my Vinyl. ["Like "Yeah, right!"...but read on.]

On a side note, "stuff" is keeping me away from participating in my "hobbies forums" (of all kinds). Among my frustrations, I hardly have had any time for serious audio listening. However, and ironically after decades away, I have returned to LP/vinyl...in a sort of "opportunistic way". It's like this: stumbled into cheap (flea market but still decent) turntable & cheap used LP's of classical records that no longer get any love. At my hands, some LPs got the love of a good clean. Luckily several become jewels...which I rarely have time to listen to for now.

Anyway, it being "April Fools Day", I figured I'd at least go HALF-jest this year...the LP side NOT treated being the real joke.

So, really, NO JOKE, the wood glue on the LPs did improve the sound through my Maggies, as some of you already know. (But FIRST go search the web for it, if you need this. Though it is "hard-ish work" treating them, it may be worth it on some disks...and planars can show the improvement!

Have fun, y'all!

Edits: 04/11/16 04/11/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - The Maggie/wood glue/LP solution - JBen 10:28:38 04/01/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.