Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: 3.6R's vs.1.7's

I don't have 1.7's but do have 1.6's ("Gunn'ed" some years ago) and 3.6R's. The main differences I think you'll find: The 1.7's will be at somewhat more coherent sounding, the music more "cut from one cloth", as it were. The 3.6 generally won't do this quite as well, though good setup will help. The 1.7, with its QR tweet, will be a bit softer on top- though the "supertweeter" on this model may improve on the 1.6 in this area, I don't know firsthand. The 3.6R, of course, has the ribbon, which is wonderful. It's like the difference between a really good SD TV (the QR) and
a good HDTV (the ribbon). It's not just extension- it's also just simply excellent resolution. The ribbon, of course, being so revealing, means sources and recordings are laid bare.
Finally, the difference in bass may not be as great as one might expect, given the size difference, especially if the smaller panels are given a lot of space from the wall behind them (and plenty of power, and braced, ideally). Of course, this is true of the larger models :) . Hope this helps.

Mark in NC
Mark in NC
"The thought that life could be better is woven indelibly into our hearts and our brains" -Paul Simon

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.