Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Staining refinishing

I'm a yacht refinisher - You'll have problems getting all of that stain out of your rails now but that's not such a big deal it might look interesting in the end. Hopefully you wont have to sand too much wood away to get them back.
You are probably going to be better off using Minwax Polyshades polyurethane varnish and stain all in one comes in quite a selection of colors and easy to apply, I'd use a foam brush on the narrow edges no bristles to stray onto the wide flats.
You want to gently sand them with a scotchpad after they're colored, being very careful only to dull the surface not remove any color/material, this will allow a mechanical bond for several coats of clear on top.
Six to 12 coats of clear followed by a few days to dry, then sand nice and smooth remove all the bumps and concave parts, more clear applied less likely you are to sand the stain off when finally blocking back. No need to use a block just your fingers on these small pieces. Then apply a final coat and they'll be as good as the dashboard in a Rolls Royce.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Staining refinishing - mashley 09:17:03 03/19/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.